The free online learning and professional development platform used by University of North Texas System faculty, staff, and students was upgraded on August 19 when Lynda.com became LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning will remain free to the UNT world, while offering a more intuitive interface and more content recommendations while retaining Lynda.com’s ever-growing, 10,000-plus item course library, transcripts, and exercise files.
The upgrade will also give UNT System faculty, staff, and students the option to connect their personal LinkedIn Learning account to their professional networking profile on LinkedIn – the world’s largest career-networking platform. Those that choose to link their accounts can expect a more personalized experience, with specialized course recommendations based on job title, skills and industry. Users with linked accounts will also receive digital course completion badges that can make their LinkedIn profile more rich and robust.
Current Lynda.com users will be notified on how to connect to LinkedIn Learning and access their Lynda.com course history and playlists. New users can establish a LinkedIn Learning account by logging in with their EUID and password via https://www.linkedin.com/learning/login-ent (use your preferred UNT email address as your LinkedIn Learning ID.)
Since 2017, Lynda has been available to UNT System faculty, staff, and students as a free online learning portal. LinkedIn Learning will remain free to UNT System faculty and staff, and will retain popular Lynda.com features, while delivering a more personalized learning experience. These upgrades will help faculty and staff learn new skills or refine current skills with greater ease.
Additional details regarding our upgrade from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning are listed below.
When: Lynda.com became LinkedIn Learning on August 19, 2019.
Why: LinkedIn Learning benefits the user in the following ways.
- Access a wide range of topics and subject categories
- Supplement coursework
- Maximize instructional time
- Search course transcripts for quick answers
- Download exercise files that reinforce retention
- By linking your LinkedIn Learning profile with your LinkedIn networking profile, you’ll be able to show employers badges for completed courses and your LinkedIn networking experience will be customized based on your learning activities and job title.
What you can expect:
- Your login information has carried over to LinkedIn Learning
- All of the features and functionalities of the page remain the same, including transcripts, exercise files, mobile viewing, and bookmarking
- Courses will be available in English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Mandarin, and Portuguese
- Online: LinkedIn Learning
- Browse: Visit the UNT LinkedIn Learning page
- Watch: How to Use LinkedIn Learning